National, Native and Popular Flowers of Estonia
National Flower of Estonia
The Republic of Estonia is one of three countries commonly known as the "Baltic States".
The campaign to choose a national flower for Estonia was organized by The Estonian Wildlife Protection Society in 1967-68 where the ornamental Blue Cornflower was the favourite because of its popularity and decorative appearance, hence Blue Cornflower or BachelorÂ’s Button (Centaurea cyanus) was selected as the National Flower of Estonia.
The cornflower has grown on Estonian soil for more than 10,000 years, from the time when the first humans came to Northern Europe. The blossoms of the cornflower have a particularly striking graphic appearance which has led to its use by artists for decorative purposes.
Other Native and Popular Flowers of Estonia
Since Estonia is passed through by the border-line between the East- and Middle-European biogeographic provinces, the composition of the flora include around 1538 species or subspecies of vascular plants which has made the country having rich land for flower cultivation.
The Lily, Iris, Orchid, Red Helleborine, Ivy, Blackthorn, Arctic bramble, Hawaii Plumeria Flowers, Lily of the Valley, Cornflower, Algae, Lichens, Raspberry, Red deadnettle, White clover, Buttercup and Ox-Eyed Daisy are some of the popular flowers grown on the land of Estonia. While all varieties of Lilies, Bunch Of Multi Colored Roses, Potted Roses In Tin Container, Pastel Long Stem Roses, Bunch Of Wow Roses, Sunflowers, Mini Carnations, Gerbera Daisies, Snapdragons, Miniature Rose, Cyclamen and Mums are the flowers which are dearly liked by Estonians for the gift purpose.
Online Florists Estonia
A few of the major online florists who cater to Estonia are Hobulilled – Estonia Florist and Dataflora, both the florists are one of the best florists who deliver fresh and beautiful arrangement of flowers in Estonia. For a list of Estonia florists who do business online, please visit our page on Online Florists in Estonia.
Send Flowers to Estonia
The Flower Expert has arrived at a few parameters on which florists can be compared so that the customers can select a good florist who suits their needs. You can go through the comparative analysis of the top florists presented in this table. This comprehensive table will help you decide which florist gives the best service when you want to send flowers to Estonia.
Facts about Estonia
- Estonia or by the national name Eesti Vabariik or Republic of Estonia, located in Eastern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea and Gulf of Finland, between Latvia and Russia has one of the smallest populations of any country in the world.
- The Republic of Estonia is one of three countries commonly known as the "Baltic States". The other Baltic State countries are Latvia and Lithuania.
- Estonia is a member of the World Trade Organization and is steadily moving toward a modern market economy with increasing ties to the West, including the pegging of its currency to the euro. The strong electronics and telecom sectors have benefited the economy.
- Folk songs are an important part of Estonian culture. While other cultural events in Estonia include ballet, opera, and drama performances that are mostly based in Tallinn.
- Estonia has produced some well known chess players including Paul Keres and Jaan Ehlvest.