Washington State Flower
Coast Rhododendron (Rhododendron macrophyllum), also known as California Rhododendron or California Rosebay is the State flower of Washington. Rhododendron is referred to as the King of Shrubs and they are the best flowering evergreen plants for the temperate landscape.
The flowers of Coast Rhododendronare are pink to rose-purple, and are rarely white. Coast Rhododendron flowers are 1-1/2 cm long, with 5 wavy-margined petals united to form a broadly bell-shaped corolla. There are 10 stamens, ovary covered with reddish down; flower clusters are terminal and may contain 20 or more blooms. Coast Rhododendron flowers blooming period is May-June.
There are many online florists who deliver flowers to Washington. You can send flowers, plants of your choice to your loved ones living in Washington or from Washington to other locations across the United States of America through these popular Washington Online Florists.
Facts About Coast Rhododendron
- Coast Rhododendron is an evergreen shrub, and reaches to height of 1-2 mtrs.
- Coast Rhododendron has large, deep green, leathery leaves.
- Coast Rhododendron leaves are alternate, whorled, leathery, with long petioles.
- Coast Rhododendron shrub consists of rounded clusters of large, pink, tubular flowers.
- Coast Rhododendron capsule or fruit is about 2 cm long.
- Coast Rhododendron leaves and flowers contain toxic substances and should not be taken by humans or animals.
There are many online florists who deliver flowers to Washington. You can send flowers of your choice to your loved ones living in Washington or from Washington to other locations across the United States of America through these popular Online Florists USA.
Facts About Washington
The capital City of Washington state is Olympia. Washington became a state on November 11, 1889. Washington’s official state flag was adopted in 1923.
- Nicknames of Washington state are The Evergreen State, Chinook State.
- Washington is located between 47.041N, 122.893W of the U.S.
- Total land area of Washington is 71303 sq.mi.
- Washington is bordered by Idaho, Oregon states.
- Washington’s economy depends upon Agriculture: Seafood, dairy products, apples, cattle, wheat, potatoes, nursery stock; Industry: Aerospace, software development, food processing, paper products, lumber and wood products, chemical products, tourism.
- Major Industries in Washington state are farming (fruit, berries, nuts, cattle, wheat), lumber, tourism, hydroelectric power, computer software, aircraft, aluminum refining.
- The Governor Albert D. Rosellini Bridge at Evergreen Point is the longest floating bridge in the world, which connects Seattle and Medina across Lake Washington.
- Washington’s historical sites are Whitman Mission and Fort Vancouver National Historic Sites.
- Points of Interest in Washington state are Mt. Rainier and the Cascade mountains; Mount St. Helens (a semi-active volcano); and the Pacific Science Center and Space Needle in Seattle.