Flower Blog Archive - February 2008
The Flower Expert welcomes the flower enthusiasts to the special feature - Flower Blogs where the flower lovers can share the knowledge about flowers and flower related topics with the flower admiring community world-wide.
For any general questions and doubts on flower blogs and blogging, you are requested to go through Frequently Asked Questions on Flower Blog.
In addition, the Step-by-Step Guide To Flower Blog gives you a a detailed notes on how to blog on flowers.
Post your comments on anything related to Flowers & Floral Industry. You can create a blog instantly without the hassle of username and password. And you can also view our monthly .
Punes admired Florist in American Magazine Florists Review Feb.2008.
Unparalled Horticultural Event in Toronto
There is an unparalleled horticultural event called "The Toronto Flower & Garden Festival" is taking place from March 12-16 at the "Metro Toronto Convention Centre", South Building.
Explore 6 acres of stunning Feature Gardens in breathtaking colors and themes, 250 Exhibitors and Speakers, Demos & Talks from the industry's best-known gardening professionals. Enjoy Canada's foremost Horticultural Competition, visit our renowned Marketplace and more!Read More...
Valentine flowers heading to Europe get an armed escort
I came across the site that showed that Valentine's day had not run smooth but with Violence. Let us know the details of the event.
Flowers are so delicate, so perishable, so pretty. It's hard to believe they often travel thousands of miles and across multiple continents to get to your local store in colorful, unwilted, shape.
Each day, though, as described in last year's FP article "Flower Power," about 20 million beautiful blooms are auctioned each day in the Bloemenveiling Aalsmeer, the world's largest commercial building, near Amsterdam. The flowers are flown in from places such as Ecuador, Israel, and Kenya, and after being auctioned, are shipped as far away as Tokyo.
One fourth of Europe's cut flower imports come from Kenya (whose flower exports are mostly roses), which has been wracked by chaos since its disputed election on Dec. 31. Flower farmers there have been resorting to extreme measures to ensure that the complicated supply chain that brings roses to Valentine's Day lovers in Europe isn't disrupted by violence...Read More...
I wanted to send flowers for my niece's babyshower celebrations in USA. I searched for ideas on gifts. The site giftsnideas.com had the right one I wanted. Yes...They are Pink Roses.
There were the Bunch of 20 Pink Roses waiting for my order. Pink roses reflect gentleness and innocence. Immediately, wasting no time further, I placed an order for the concerned date.
The customer service was excellent and the delivery was on the perfect date. My people in USA were overwhelmed with joy by seeing those 20 pink Rose flowers. They called me up and expressed their thanks. Those were the happiest moments in recent days.
Can you guess what it was... You can't... So let me tell you that, I received Chocolates for my birthday. That too Fererro Rocher chocolates. Wow, they are one of my favorites. Wasn't that surprising. Yes, It was a big surprise for me, because my friend was not in touch for few years. I wondered how could she remember my birthday and my favorite chocolates.
In return I wanted to say thanks to her. I was searching for some sites who do business online. I came across giftsnideas.com. I liked the site as it had almost all the gift ideas, I was searching for. Then I came across the information on saying thanks and appreciation. That was Mixed Rose Bouquet.It was not only for valentine but to anyone you are close to.
As I am a foody person, I wanted to search for a recipe that suits Valentine's day. I found an apt one. This item called as Valentine's Brownie, is the valentine's special Recipe this year.
You can prepare this at home and present it to your beloved. Prepare this very carefully, and enjoy the smiles on your valentines' face. She will admire the pains you took in preparing it.
Items needed for the preparation
- 1 (16 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (Any 8x8 pan-size brownie mix)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water<.li>
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla chips
- 14-16 Hershey's chocolate kisses (Chocolate kisses)
- 14-16 Hershey's chocolate kisses (Striped Hugs candies)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
How to prepare it:
- In a large bowl, stir brownie mix, egg, oil and water until well blended.
- Fold in 1 cup vanilla chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. heart-shaped or round springform pan.
- Bake at 350ÃÂ°F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2-in. from the side of pan comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes; alternate milk chocolate and striped kisses around edge of pan with points toward center.
- Melt shortening and remaining chips; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over brownie.
- Cool completely.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
Serve this to your valentine and enjoy the difference in her attitude on valentine's day.
Wanna send Roses to your Valentine... Pick up the best one.
50 Long Stemmed Roses: - When you are in Love, nothing seems much important than your valentine and the coming of Valentine's day. Love makes you think in different ways to impress your heart's princess. Yes, It's possible. A single rose means love, but if you send 50 roses.. Wow... it shows the depth of your Love. You can send 50 Long Stemmed Red Roses to your valentine and express the depth of your Love.
We are offering a discount sale on these must possess 50 Long Stem Roses elegant flowers.
There are many Flowers other than roses gifted on Valentines Day. Some of them are given with some info here.
Care for Valentines Day Flowers
Lastly, forget not to care for the Valentines Day flowers from your Valentine-
- Water is the most vital aspect of flower care. Try to keep the flowers in water to keep them fresh.
- Keep the flowers cool. Warm temperatures shorten the life of the blooms.
- When the flowers start to wilt, remove the stem from the arrangement and re-cut the stem. Next, submerge the entire flower in warm water.
- Potted plants are also a popular gift. Like you keep flower-arrangements, keep them in a cool location and avoid heat drafts or dry air for longer color.
- If you have received a potted plant like a bamboo plant or a similar plant placed in water rather than on soil. Pour aqua gel to the water after a few days, when the plant begins to wilt.
- Let people who really love flowers handle the flower-gifts. Flowers respond loving hands, it has been observed!