Selecting roses for Valentines Day
One might have no surprise about the fact that roses are given on Valentines Day. However, the task of selecting roses for Valentines is a task that calls for some thinking. This is because everything about the roses you give signifies some meaning for valentine.
First of all, you need to tune into your own feelings about the person you are giving the gift to. If you have a clear understanding of that, you can either go online or consult a friend of yours, who is an flower expert on matters of meanings of roses. This way, you are working from some clear feelings to an expression of it for valentines day.
It can also work the other way round. Decide on what idea you want to convey to the recipient of the gift. This way you are creating a meaning by using a particular expression of roses. The expression is supposed to translate into a particular meaning and hopefully, a feeling. Time to move from general matters of philosophy of gift-giving to the specificities of meanings conveyed by the color and the number of roses given.
- Red rose means I love you. Additionally, it stands for beauty, courage, and respect.
- White rose indicates true love, purity, innocence, reverence, humility, youthfulness, and charm.
- A yellow rose gives out the meanings joy, gladness, friendship, and remembrance. Subtle hues can make a big difference in meaning. Contrast a plain yellow rose with a yellow rose with a red tip.
- A yellow rose with red tip conveys the meaning I'm falling in love with you.
As you can notice, there are many senses associated with a particular color. It is important that your recipient gets the sense intended. In this regard, the whole context in which the gift is given and the previous interactions between the giver and the recipient would enable the recipient to narrow down the range of possible meanings.
Number of roses and their Meanings
Yet another factor plays a role in deciding the meaning of a gift of roses on Valentines Day. It is the number of flowers given.
- A single stem conveys the idea this is a simple fact - you are the only one.There are meanings associated with the numbers 3, 11, 12, 13, 22, 36, 99, 101, 108, and 999.
- An interesting case is 13. Thirteen roses convey the idea you are my secret lover.
- Thirty-six stems would mean my heart belongs to you.
- 999 roses, proportionate to the magnitude of the number, stands for endless love.
- A single rose conveys the meaning exceptional love.
Order for fresh roses, of the color that suits your feelings, the number of which conveys the details of your emotion and gift it to your Valentine with complete confidence.