Floral Design Schools
With the ever-growing interest of the gift lovers for flowers, the floral industry is growing at a very good pace. Besides, the love for floristry and floral designing also has been escalating. The need for good schools or academies to train in floristry and floral designing has also increased. Consequently, many institutes have come up to meet the demand of providing quality education in floral designing. Of the lot, here are some of the popular floral design schools or institutes to get trained in floral designing-
USA and Canada
- American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) - A nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the art of floral design as a professional career through educational programs and symposiums.
- California Flower Art Academy - Offering instructions, classes, lessons and seminars of European & American Floral Design, Flower Arrangement, Wedding & Funeral Floral Decoration and Ikebana Arts serving San Francisco Bay Area (Burlingame, San Mateo, Millbrae) and Silicon Valley (San Jose, Santa Clara, Cupertino & Saratoga). The website information includes profile of managing director, course descriptions and the organizations which accredit this school.
- Canadian Institute of Floral Design - Professional design program licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities offering day and evening instruction. Includes course descriptions, schedules and registration form.
- City College of San Francisco Environmental Horticulture and Floristry - Opportunities for creative expression, a desire to work with a beautiful product, enjoyment of hands-on creativity, and a determination to make the most important moments in life truly special, are just a few of the reasons students choose to study floristry at City College of San Francisco.
- Creative Floral Design School Of New Orleans - Provides ongoing classes in retail floristry. Details courses and includes schedule and enrollment application.
- David-Curtis School of Floral Design - State of Ohio certified school offering a three week professional program in floral design and flower shop operations. Includes catalog, syllabus and discussion forum.
- Floral Design Institute - Offers courses for hobbyists and professionals from campuses in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon and through distance learning. Includes course descriptions, schedules and staff credentials.
- Flower School New York - Provides beginner courses and specialty classes with floral artists including Michael George and Chris Giftos. Includes video demonstration excerpt.
- Houston School of Floral Design - Offers full-time and evening classes in basic design, weddings, silks and shop management. Includes course descriptions, schedule and online registration.
- ICS Canada - The ICS Canada Floral Design course will guide you through the basics and tools of floral design. You'll learn coordination and design of arrangements for weddings, holidays and theme events; design techniques and styles; plant care; and how to create artificial and dried flower displays.
- Molloy College Continuing Education - Floral Design Certificate Program - Located in Bethpage, New York, this program offers instruction for hobbyists and professionals at the 1-800-Flowers training center. Details classes and schedules.
- Milwaukee School of Flower Design - Teaching flower design courses and the art of floral design to students in the Milwaukee area with other locations in Chicago, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco. Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Palmer School of Floral Design - Colorado-based program offering beginner and advanced training for professionals. Describes courses and policies, includes instructor's profile, schedule, and online registration.
- Phil Rulloda School of Floral Design - California state licensed school offering basic, advanced, wedding, silk, and tropical flower training and shop management courses. Details classes and lists schedule and credentials.
- Rittners School of Floral Design - Floral art designs with color photos and instructions, free flower arranging lessons and industry information.
- School of Floral Arts and Design - New Jersey state-licensed program of basic and advanced training. Includes curriculum, schedule and lists evening specialty courses.
- Shelton-White School of Floral Design - Located in Memphis, Tennessee and offering basic and advanced instruction for hobbyists and professionals. Details instructors, courses, schedules, and enrollment information and includes photos of facilities.
- Sinatra's Design Academy - Florida state licensed school offering a course in floral art and design. Outlines instructor's background, curriculum, facilities and includes schedule and enrollment agreement.
- South Florida Center for Floral Studies - Features instruction for professionals and hobbyists in basic and advanced design. Details courses and faculty, and includes photo gallery, fresh product care tips and general industry information.
- South Florida School of Floral Design - Florida state licensed school offering training in retail floristry. Includes curriculum and schedule.
- The American Institute of Floral Arts (AIFA) - providing exceptional training and helping those who seek a career in floral design and encourage anyone with interest in creating a beautiful home environment to give it a try and learn something new and exciting.
- Trim International Floral School - Offers classes for hobbyists and professionals with locations in Denver and Albuquerque. Details course curriculum and home study program.
- Vermont Academy of Floral Design - Offers basic and advanced instruction with specialty classes in European styles, permanents, weddings, holidays and church decor. Includes schedule and registration form.
from our stores - Send flowers & gifts
- Floristry Design - Specialise in all types of National and International design trends, allowing our Interpretations to flow within the British retail industry but most importantly to hold the ability to have fun with flowers, and pass our skills on to those who are thirsty for more ideas!
- Flower Design of Britain - Floristry and flower arranging school in England for both professionals and amateurs. Includes course descriptions, schedule, and enrollment form.
- Judith Blacklock Flower School - Features instruction in arranging, floristry and garden design for hobbyists and professionals at its London-based location. Describes courses and includes schedule, location map and image gallery.
- Out of the Bloom Flower School - London-based program offering daily, weekly and monthly workshops for hobbyists and professionals. Includes curriculum, instructor's profile and brochure. They also provide Instructional DVD (Joannas flower power DVD) from all major outlets in US, online/bookstores/libraries to purchase or even download from their website.
Australia and New zealand
- Floral Art School of Australia - Offers day and evening classes in Elsternwick, Victoria as well as distance learning instruction. Includes information on professional and hobbyist opportunities and design tips.
- Flowers Design School - Perth, Australia-based training program offering accredited courses and advanced techniques workshops. Details classes, lists awards received by students and includes bookshop.
- Megan Dickinson Floral Design School - Based in Auckland, New Zealand and featuring courses in classic, contemporary and specialty styles for hobbyists and professionals. Outlines classes, seminars and private instruction opportunities and includes schedule and online enrollment.
- Pearsons School of Floristry - Pearsons School of Floristry have both courses for fun and courses to start your career in floristry.
- Boerma Instituut - Based in Aalsmeer, Netherlands and offering beginner, intermediate, advanced and specialty training in contemporary Dutch design. Details courses and includes schedules and instructor's background information.
- Mami Flower Design - Tokyo-based school offering instruction in Hanakubari, contemporary and classic floral styles. Includes image galleries and inspiriational texts from master intructors Mami and Keita Kawasaki. [English and Japanese]
- Zen Flowers - Floral schools providing instruction in a style developed by Harumi Nishi that blends classic Western and Eastern design philosophies. Includes course descriptions, books. Locations in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka. [English, Japanese}
- Hong Kong Academy of Flower Arrangement - Provide beginner and advanced classes and private instruction in design, planning and display for hobbyists and professionals. Includes course descriptions, schedules and online enrollment. [English and Chinese]
- Institut de Artflor - Hong Kong-based state licensed school offering beginner courses and advanced training in contemporary styles. Lists workshops by topic and includes an image gallery.
- Nobleman School of Floral Design - Singapore-based school offering instruction in classic and contemporary flower arranging for professionals. Features instructor profiles, image galleries, schedule and course descriptions.