Gregor Lersch was born in 1949 in Bad Neuenahr, Germany and is a renowned designer in the field of international floristry. Gregor Lersch has won many national and international awards and prizes in the field of floristry. Gregor believes that floristry must be suitable for forming part of our lives, and should be in line with the diversity of environment.
Gregor is also an author of many inspirational books on floristry design and travels the world promoting European design, demonstrating and inspiring florist and floral artists.
Gregor's concept of combining all styles, architecture, social components, design trends and personality of the artist in floristic work is successful throughout the world.
To date, Gregor has been working in 32 countries and thus he is one of the few interpreters in the world of floral creativity, with such a wide degree of distribution.
Books written by Gregor
He is an author of many inspirational books on floristry design and travels the world promoting European design, demonstrating and inspiring florists and floral artists.
- Two faces of Floral Design by Gregor Lersch & Klaus Wagener: The book is large and comes complete with heavy-duty slipcase and a detachable insert showing listings of designs and botanical materials used. There is no doubt that much of what is produced moves floristry and floral design to another level.
Gregor's achievements and contributions to the field of floristry in Germany
- Gregor conducts a broad spectrum of his activity includes seminars, workshops, exhibitions and large stage productions, book publications and press / media work on floristry.
- He visited New Zealand, in September 2002, sponsored by Oasis Germany and Unitech, a New Zealand based floristry school.
- There are number of the designs he created in a demonstrations in Auckland.
- Since 2002 floral design reporters have covered all the events by leading florists such as Gregor, including his demonstration in California in March 2005.
- Keep up to date with the masters with a subscription to floral design magazine.