Bruce Asakawa and Sharon Asakawa
Bruce Asakawa and Sharon Asakawa are the most highly respected garden expert writer in California. They appear twice weekly on Garden Compass a radio program that is broadcast throughout California and is very popular TV shows on gardening.
Bruce Asakawa and Sharon Asakawa share their unparalleled expertise in all phases of California gardening, from ornamentals, to fruit and vegetables.
Their magazine Garden Compass Magazine, is a Radio show, providing information specifically for West Coast gardens. Simple solutions, practical advice from the experts on all aspects of gardening with regular features covering roses, fruit trees, herbs, bonsai, flower arranging and the latest plant and product introductions. Unique features include historic gardeners, e-gardening, visiting public and private gardens, food, entertaining and local nurseries of note.
Contributions of Bruce Asakawa and Sharon Asakawa
- Hosted by Bryan Main along with garden experts Bruce Asakawa, Sharon Asakawa and John Bagnasco, the Garden Compass radio program can be heard throughout California and parts of Arizona.
- Garden Compass network radio is a Streamopolis production.
- One can speak with Bruce Asakawa and the rest of the crew about gardening.
- In their programmes they give each plant, a category which is detailed with the appropriate maintenance function for each month of the year.
- Bruce and Sharon also offer valuable plant-by-plant advice on planting, fertilizing, care and pest control and share recommended cultivars for personalizing California landscape.
Books written by Bruce Asakawa and Sharon Asakawa
- California's Gardener's Guide: This book is written by the highly popular gardening experts Bruce and Sharon Asakawa. It Contains easy to use advice on the top landscape plant choices for California. Recommends specific varieties and provides advice on how to plant, how to grow and how to care for California's best plants.
- The book is a mixture of annuals with perennials, shrubs, ground covers, and even fruits and vegetables creates an interplay of texture and color, a living orchestra...
- California Gardening Rhythms: The book contains the key to a rewarding home landscape is properly timed maintenance. Plants thrive when they receive the attention they need---at the right time. Authors share their unparalleled expertise in all phases of California gardening, from ornamentals, to fruit and vegetables.
Other Books of Bruce and Sharon Asakawa with other Authors
- Southwestern (Jackson & Perkins Beautiful Roses Made Easy) by Teri Dunn, Bruce Asakawa, and Sharon Asakawa
- Southwestern (Jackson & Perkins Selecting, Growing and Combining Outstanding Perennials) by Bruce Asakawa, Sharon Asakawa, and Teri Dunn.