National, Native and Popular Flowers of Turkey
National Flower of Turkey
Tulip or in Botany Tulipa, derived from the Turkish word tulbend or turban, which the flower resembles, is the national flower of Turkey.
Available in a huge variety of bright colors, including white, yellow, pink, red, black, purple, orange, bi-colors, and multi-colors, Tulips are also considered as the King of Bulbs. In Turkey Tulips became and important style of life within the arts and folklore, many embroidery and textile clothing handmade by women, carpets, tiles and miniatures had tulip designs or shapes.
Other Native and Popular Flowers of Turkey
Turkey has almost as many species of wild flowers as the rest of Europe combined; of the over 9000 species so far identified more than one third are native to the country, many found nowhere else on earth. Some of the famous native flowers of Turkey are Winter Aconite (Eranthis hyemalis)Herbaceous, Snowdrop (Galanthus), Wind Flower (Anemone blanda), Lenten Rose (Hellebores orientalis), Cyclamen Coum, Opium and Crocus, the crocus are one of the best loved and best known flower native to Turkey.
The use of flowers in Turkey as an expression, started during 1600's when flowers were used for sending coded messages for an array of purposes. The popular flowers used as gifts in Turkey, are White Callas, Orchids, Roses, Spring Flowers and at the top most darling flower Crocus.
from our stores - Send flowers & gifts
Online Florists Turkey
A few of the major online florists who cater to Turkey are PickupFlowers and Turkey Florist Online is one of the Florist Network company with Flowers-Link, founded in 1998. For a list of Turkey florists who do business online, please visit our page on Online Florists in Turkey.
Send Flowers to Turkey
The Flower Expert has arrived at a few parameters on which florists can be compared so that the customers can select a good florist who suits their needs. You can go through the comparative analysis of the top florists presented in this table. This comprehensive table will help you decide which florist gives the best service when you want to send flowers to Turkey.
Facts about Turkey
- Turkey officially known as The Republic of Turkey (Türkiye Cumhuriyeti), located on two continents Europe and Asia and surrounded by sea on three sides, by the Black Sea in the north, the Mediterranean in the south and the Aegean Sea in the west, has 80 administrative provinces and seven geographical regions.
- Istanbul of Turkey is the only city in the world built on two continents.
- Turkey is noted for having one of the three most famous and distinctive traditional cuisines in the world.
- Turkey is the 16th largest economy,6th cement producer, 2nd flat glass producer and 6th clothing exporter in the World.
- Two of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus and the Mausoleum of Halicarnasus in Bodrum, stood in Turkey.