National, Native and Popular Flowers of Israel
National Flower of Israel
Though The Bible (Deuteronomy 8:8) describes Israel as "a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey", but till now no flower has been designated as the National Flower of Israel, while the country has varieties of Roses grown on the land and even the holiday tables are always set with Roses.
Other Native and Popular Flowers of Israel
Because of the hot and unfavorable temperature of Israel the flowers are grown in a moshav, wherein they are treated with the utmost care to make their quality suitable for export production. However, in spite of this, Israel is now known as among the leading exporters and sellers of flowers. Whatever variety it is, the country grows it. Some of the flowers grown here are Madonna lilies, Aaronsohnia Factorovskys , Iris lortetii, Barbey, Iris bismarckiana Regel, Iris atropurpurea Baker, Cyclamen persicum Mill, Chrysanthemum segetum Linnaeus, Pancratium maritimum Linnaeus, and Oncocyclus. While Roses, Lilies, Tulips, Carnations, Orchids, Iris and Gladiolus are the flowers grown here which the people prefer to greet their loving ones with, on birthdays, anniversaries and other festivals.
from our stores - Send flowers & gifts
Online Florists Israel
A few of the major online florists who cater to Israel are PickupFlowers, Israel Flowers, Sympatya and Israle Flowers Center, which Offer 24-hour delivery service of fresh Israeli flowers. For a list of Israel florists who do business online, please visit our page on Online Florists in Israel.
Send Flowers to Israel
The Flower Expert has arrived at a few parameters on which florists can be compared so that the customers can select a good florist who suits their needs. You can go through the comparative analysis of the top florists presented in this table. This comprehensive table will help you decide which florist gives the best service when you want to send flowers to Israel.
Facts About Israel
- Long and narrow in shape, Israel is located in the Middle East, along the eastern coastline of the Mediterranean Sea, bordered by Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt.
- Israel is one of the most highly educated countries in the world with the highest number of engineers, scientists and PhDs.
- Israel is the only country in the world to have simultaneous free trade agreements with the US, Mexico and Canada.
- The most predominant company of the world, in internet firewall safety systems is Check Point, an Israeli company that controls 40% market of the world.
- HaTikva "the hope", is the national anthem of Israel and expresses the hope of Jews everywhere that we can be free to worship in our own land and its capital Jerusalem.